Many have asked for this moment, and we are proud to announce the listing of our world famous 240Z complete frame up restoration. Not only was this a labor of love, a work of art, but also our most favorite car to drive.
Eric said "If I could keep one car for myself that was here in our shop, it would be this one, without a doubt."
This car was was found in cold and dusty shed here in Salt Lake City. The chassis however was from Arizona so it was relatively rust free, straight and was the perfect candidate for a complete restoration.
This was to be a halo car, a flagship that would show the world what the Z platform could be in caring hands. A qualified customer was chosen and the build began. His only requirements was that it was LHD and that the Z be blue in order to pay tribute to "Wangan Midnight", a Japanese racing series made popular though movies, manga, anime, and even video games.
The result of this import fantasy, a vision of beauty, and JDM Legends craftsmanship, has culminated into one of the finest examples of a Z to ever touch down on this earth.
Upon completion of the massive 2 year undertaking, the car was finished. However, due to importation laws changing, was unable to be delivered to the customer.
It has been at our shop since and we have used it for a few promotional photo shoots, but is now ready for its new home.
The best of the best was used whenever possible, leaving a cost that some would consider insane. But it is in that sheer insanity that makes this car the stuff that dreams are made of.
Despite the asking price, rest assured, pricing is fair. "You couldn't build the same car at that cost" Eric says. The photos, specs, and craftsmanship back that up with confidence too. Combine that with a market growing steady and fast and you have an appreciating vehicle bound to hit all the notes both figuratively and literally.
This is truly the greatest JDM Legend.
1973 Datsun 240Z
- Complete frame-up chassis restoration, paint and body by Cio's
- 240 ZG over-fenders
- Type 1 FRP front air dam
- Z432 style rear spoiler
- Nissan Bluebird fender mirrors (lower profile than Fairlady Z)
- Nissan Bluebird front side markers/shaved rear markers
- OEM Nissan Fairlady Z badges
- Euro-spec clear front turn signals
- Hella H4 headlight conversion
- 3.2L Rebello Racing stroker motor, LD28 diesel crank, 89mm pistons, 10.5:1 C.R.
318 HP / 295 TQ on 91 octane
- MSA ceramic coated 6-2 header
- Arizona Z car baffled cast aluminum oil pan
- Fujitsubo Legalis R twin-pipe stainless steel exhaust
- MSD 6AL ignition controller
- JDM-L/MSD custom length plug wire kit
- MSD Blaster coil
- 280Z Magnetic pickup distributor
- 45mm DCOE carburetors
- JDM-L Stainless steel heat shield
- JDM-L Aluminum velocity stacks w/optional mesh filters
- Shaved / powder coated valve cover
- Vibrant oil catch can
- MSA Aluminum radiator w/ twin electric fans
- 280ZX close-ratio 5-speed transmission
- Fidanza aluminum flywheel
- Exedy stage 1 clutch
- R200 differential with Quaife LSD
- Ermish racing CV axle conversion
- Custom-built coilovers w/ T3 spring perches, Eibach springs, Tokico Illumina adjustable shocks
- T3 weld-in camber plates front and rear
- T3 adjustable front and rear adjustable lower control arms
- Silvermine Wilwood 4 piston Dynalite calipers w/ 300mm vented rotors
- Silvermine Rear disc brake conversion w/Nissan Maxima calipers
- 15/16" brake master cylinder
- MSA 1" front and 7/8' rear sway bars
- Complete interior restoration to OEM specification
- Datsun competition steering wheel
- Datsun competition shift knob
- Defi Advance RS oil temp, water temp, and oil pressure gauges
- JDM-L/Speedhut tachometer w/integrated shift light
- JDM-L/Speedhut GPS based speedometer
- JDM-L custom A/C kit
- JDM-L aluminum battery box
- 15"x 9.5" -19 Magnesium RS Watanabe R-Type wheels / 225/50/15 Toyo R888 tires (front)
- 15"x 10" -25 Magnesium RS Watanabe R-Type wheels / 235/50/15 Toyo R888 tires (rear)
- RS Watanabe Stainless steel lug nuts
Interested parties should email email@example.com